The ultimate guide to parking in Ixelles
If you are in Brussels, Ixelles should not be an unfamiliar place to you. This area is filled with a cheerful and welcoming atmosphere, famous universities like UBL - Université Libre de Bruxelles is also located in the south of Ixelles.
With total habitats of approximately 88,000, Ixelles is dynamic with their French and Dutch speaking populations. In addition, there are numerous expats that are working in the Brussels area commuting from Ixelles.
Thus, in a city like this mobility can be worrisome and frustrating. If you are looking for a favourable and secure place to park your car. This article is for you! Come take a look.
- Parking in the street
- Parking in public car parks
- Low-cost parking solutions
- Solution for businesses
Parking in the street
First option here is that you can park your car on the streets of Ixelles, there are certainly some parking zones available. However, because of the high demands, it is hard to find a spot in most cases.
Parking in the street also comes with a certain risk of car scratching or getting your windows smashed by some bad-intentioned people. Moreover, the parking time is limited for a maximum of 2 hours in the blue zone.
In Ixelles there are four types of parking zones, the price and opening hours are below.
- You can park there from Monday to Saturday from 9:00 - 20:30
The price is 0.50€ for 30 minutes and 0,50€ every additional 10 minutes
- Time of parking for this area is limited to 2 hours
- You can park it from Monday to Saturday from 9:00 - 20:30
The price is 0.50€ for 30 minutes, 1€ for 1 hour and 0,50€ every additional 10 minutes
- Time of parking for this area is limited to 4 hours and a half
- You can park it from Monday to Saturday from 9:00 - 18:00
- Free by affixing a blue disc
- Time for this area is limited to 2 hours
- Unlimited and free
Parking in public car parks
The second option you might want to consider is public car parks. Most of these car parks are open for the entire day, sometimes if you want to park your car for longer hours, the price could go up to 14€, for example in Parking Tulipe. So if you are looking for a long-term parking solution, this may not be a good option for you.
Here is the list of certain public car parks available in this area:
- Parking Tulipe : 1 hour free, then 2€ for 2 hours
- Parking Flagey : 2€ for 1 hour, then 4,60€ for 2 hours
- Parking Galerie Louise : 2€ for 1 hour, then 4€ for 2 hours
- Parking Inno Bascule : 1,60€ for 1 hour, then 3,20€ for 2 hours
Low-cost parking solutions
If you are looking for a low-cost parking solution, there are shared parking resources available for you. You can easily find a spot online to park your vehicle, which will help you minimise the time that you look for a parking spot. Parking gates can be usually opened by your mobile phone. This solution will make your parking experience more pleasant.
Thanks to the shared parking, you can keep your car in a secure place at an attractive price. Here is the list of shared car parks in Ixelles:
- Parking Ixelles City Hall
- Parking Maison Communale
- Parking Viaduc Park
- Parking Rue du Trône
- Parking Brussels Luxembourg
- Parking Trône
- Parking European Parliament
- Parking Caroly-Brussels
- Parking Louise
- Parking Ixelles Park Albert II
- Parking Etterbeek Railway Station
- Parking Ixelles Washington
- Parking Adolphe Buyl
- Parking Railway Station d’Etterbeek Plaine
- Parking University of Brussels
- Parking Ixelles Place Jourdan
- Parking Porte de Namur
Solution for businesses (More than 5 spots) 🚘
Are you looking for more than 5 parking spaces for your employees? There are parking professionals at your disposal, who can open a private car park near your office and find the parking spaces for you for free!
Discover the service here!
We hope that this article will help you to optimise your mobility in Ixelles. Do not hesitate to leave a comment or share it with your friends and family.